Troll Physics Collab Troll Physics Collab

Workable idea, poor execution

I really like how you protect yourself against bad reviews by claiming the "jokes" flew over the heads of the reviewers. That's a really nice way to put down critisism. Good going guys.

This is a good idea. I can see how this could've been really funny. Unfortunaly it wasn't. I seldom laugh at the concept of troll physics though, so I don't blame this on you. I'll try to avoid this subject in this review.

Watching all of these in a row was a difficult task. You should've helped eachother to get a higer quality in every clip. For example the troll face, that was kind of a running theme, seemed like it had a different quality in almost every clip. The graphics was unevenly balanced, involving everything from pure tweening to fbf mixed up with texture graphics. Though, I cant blame you on that point because, as you said, it was meant to have low quailty overall. Personally I don't think working towards low quality is a good idea ever. I experience it as lazyness. I would've enjoyed this collab more if it had a higher level of graphics.

Timing was also a hard thing to grasp. Every movie had its own flow, and music. Everything from slow (and over-used) songs, to hard up-beat things with a lot of bass. This mixed in with many moments of silence. Even though all movies used roughly the same number of steps to explain its troll physics, some was much longer than others.
If you want a good collab you should've keep an ongoing steady pace. This is the job of the collab organizer. I've been part of collabs thats been very undetermined on that point, and it really brings down the result overall.

Its not good to defend yourself against this kind of critisism. You've been working with this since october, as you point out. Its not something to be proud of.

Oh, and if you want, you can rant at me for not being 100% awesome at the english language btw, I don't mind, and I see that you enjoy that kind of behavior.

sleep mind, sleep sleep mind, sleep

Danmed cane-man.

This is golden. I would never thought of animating those thoughts that actually stops you from falling asleep. Even though you're tierd, you like start to dream while still awake, and for some reason you think you can't sleep until the ladybug in the cage standing on the doorknob has flewn, or the cane-man goes away.

Your dialouge catches that greatly, and the animation fits, even though its not the most advanced style, with that dialouge very nicely.

Good job. I hope you're still animating, or at least plan on picking it up again.

allemansing responds:

I remember you. I remember admiring your stuff quite alot, and once asking you to review my Ryan & Cloud flash. I looked at your Lyckans Undulat WIP, and it was pretty damn awesome, even though i didnt understand a thing what it was all about.
Thanks alot for your compliments, glad you understood it (contrary to the guy before you). I was really unsure before, during and after making this flash whether it was actually a good idea, and whether it would actually work. Even when it was done and I submitted it i wasnt sure whether it was my best work or just something abit strange. After seeing that i managed to communicate the feeling of these situations (something i hardly manage to do even when just talking to someone) i decided it was probably my best flash.
Strangely, after this one i did a very mediocre and lazy one about a potato (George), started up a quite ambitious project, got tired of it halfway through and then i stopped animating. Its probably cause I moved to france for a year and decided that i didnt want to spend time here animating stuff, but profit from the experience.
Right now, im going home to sweden in a couple of weeks. I have some tiny ideas i might turn into little flashes, and i might just finish off my ambitious project, because i hate the idea of having worked so much for absolutely nothing, but i think my most amibitious days of animating flash movies are over. It takes too much time and i dont really feel talented enough for animating to motivate all that work.
Im however happy that i've learnt how to use the program and developed my skills, and im proud of some of the stuff ive done, so i hope ill get some real use of it some day.

Wow. That was a very long response.

Lycka till med ditt eget animerande! :)
/Jonas Modin

Coldplay - Don't Panic Coldplay - Don't Panic

Nice collection

Are everyone doing these collection flashes now?..

Much detailed work left unfinished and then put into one flash huh? I know that feeling :)

artville responds:

iknow... many people are doing them lately, but i enjoy watching them, though... Thanks for nice rating!

Bogs Flash Collection Bogs Flash Collection

Nice original idea

Ripoff ;)

Upstairs Upstairs

Wow!

I cant understand either the techinque you used to do this movie, nor the time you must have put down to it. I really love it! Amazing.
I dont know what to say, simply breathtaking!

Five-Iron responds:

I really can't remember how long I worked on it. All I know is that it is done.

skit skit

Lite synd

Att se en svensk skicka in nåt sånthär. När man ser att du kan mycket bättre. Gillade den mjuka fbf'en. Släng på lite enkla färger eller nåt, och dra den lite längre, lägg till ett bord med en blomma på i bakgrunden och den skulle genast bli en ganska stor aning bättre.

Heja sverige

Slipziq responds:

jodå jag kan göra bättre, tror jag =P men jag orkar inte lägga ner så lång tid på att animera, satt typ 3-4h med den här 'filmen' hade en massa idéer men orkar som sagt inte rita =P

Charlie the Unicorn Charlie the Unicorn

haha!

Charlieee!
I loved it, wonderful style! Just one thing, I need that song! is there any way i can get my hands on it? :D

The Dawn Of Man The Dawn Of Man

Sweet stuff

Simple and clean animating.
humor (the club made me laugh)
and fitting classic music.

Nothing really drastic but a sweet little movie.

All NG Fads Die!!! 3!!! All NG Fads Die!!! 3!!!

Ehm

Did you even try this with some other song? That song didnt fit at all. It made it feel less humorus. And, i hate that song.

And i guess allmost everyone could have done better. i saw that many things where rushed.

MACception responds:

DUde, i'm so tired of people hating that i used Limp Bizkit. When i heard that song, i just thought it'd work perfectly, and in my mind, it did.

-LP

Royal Rumble II part 2 Royal Rumble II part 2

Plain awesome

I cant even start to imagne how much work that is put in to this. The simple colors and huge amount of great frame by frame animation makes me paralysed. The lightning effects were one of the most realistic i've ever seen, like the shine from the "chicken's"(?) eyes.

Great work!